I’ve written a lot lately about getting rid of debts and reducing expenses. I thought it was time I address the flip side of your finances: ways to make extra money. Thanks to suggestions by my Twitter followers, readers, and other bloggers I’ve been able to put together a solid list of 52 ways to make extra money. Most, if not all, can be done even with a full-time job.
I obviously haven’t tried all of these methods, but when possible I’ve tried to (link) to an example of the opportunity actually making money. You should be able to find something here that fits you and your skills.
- Delivering Pizzas (@TheHappyRock) – If you have a car and a decent driving record then you qualify for this easy extra money maker. You’re likely to get some free pizzas too.
- Waiting Tables (Serious Eats) – This is the perfect job for nights and weekends. That’s when all the big tips are made anyway. Pick the nicest place in town.
- Bar Tending (The Beck Office Blog)- Even better, I think, than waiting tables is tending the bar at nights in a busy bar. Typically at least $1 for every drink you serve.
- Teaching Swimming Lessons – If you’re a good swimmer you might be able to pick up a weekend swim teacher gig at your local recreation center. Keep in mind that some places may require a special certification or that you be a lifeguard.
- Car Valet – If you hook up with a for-hire car parking service (the type hired out for fancy neighborhood parties) you can make some nice cash tips in just a few hours at night and on the weekend, when parties are held.
- Create Websites (@glblguy) – Businesses will pay you to take them online. People that do this well: Empty Cabin Media, Blog Crafted, Side Hustle Blogging, StudioPress, and BlogBros.Biz
- Blogging (ProBlogger) – This isn’t quick money, but you can make decent money with a little luck and a few months of solid, consistent effort. Believe me, it can be tough and a bit time consuming, but it can be done.
- Write an eBook (Daily Blog Tips) – I hesitate to put this one in here because an eBook by itself usually doesn’t make money unless you’re an excellent marketer. What a great eBook can do though is act as a sales lead to one of your other online businesses.
- Design Web Logos (Logos For Websites) – If you’re good with Photoshop and can work quick, you might could make some decent cash with this online business.
- Re-write Poorly Written Ads – Search the ad listings at Ebay.com and Craigslist.org for big items like cars. Email the seller and offer to re-write their ad for a 1% commission.
- Write Reviews (Bible Money Matters) – There are many websites that will pay you a little cash to write product reviews. If you’re knowledgable and can write fast, this may work for you.
- CashCrate – There’s some money to be made with CashCrate.com completing the free offers, but the real cash comes from the referral program.
- Freebie Trading (ChristianPF) – Freebie trading is a real money maker. But it takes a special person to master the techniques and be consistent with the process.
- Freelance Writer – Right now on Elance.com they are looking for more writers. Set up an ad and start offering up your fast writing skills.
- Sell Digital Photos – (Digital Photography School) – Take nice pictures. Get them up on the web at a broker, or microstock site. Make some money. It’s not as easy as that, but those are the basics.
- Sell Yourself Online (I Wear Your T-Shirt) – Get creative and sell you and your time online in a fresh, new way.