Over time, iCal can become filled with all kinds of bogus data like duplicate events, blank events, duplicate alarms and more. All of this extra baggage adds up and can make iCal sluggish.
iCal Cleaner is a free utility designed to clean up common problems in iCal. Just launch iCal Cleaner, select the calendars you want to clean and the action you want to perform, and click Start. Then sit back and let iCal Cleaner do the rest.
Here’s what you can do with iCal Cleaner:
- Delete Duplicate Events — This script will delete all duplicate Events and ToDos in iCal. Events with the same title and start time are considered duplicates. ToDos with the same title, completion date and due date are considered duplicates. The duplicates will be deleted, leaving the original event intact.
- Delete Blank Events — This script will delete all Events and ToDos in iCal that have no title.
- Delete All Alarms — This script will delete all Alarms attached to Events and ToDos in iCal. You can choose the type of Alarms to remove — Message, Message with Sound, Email, Open File, or All Alarm types.
- Delete Duplicate Alarms — This script will delete duplicate alarms attached to Events and ToDos in iCal. It searches only for duplicate Message and Message with Sound Alarms. If an event has more than one of these alarms, the duplicates will be deleted, leaving only one alarm intact. Note: It does not take the alarm interval into consideration. So, if there are two message alarms (one set for 15 minutes before, and one set for 30 minutes before), one of the alarms will be deleted.
- Delete All Attendees — This script will delete all Attendees from Events in iCal.
WARNING: iCal Cleaner will modify data in iCal. Please backup iCal before running iCal Cleaner.