Alternative Ways to Understanding Sociological Ideas…
After applying some simple algebra to some trite phrases and cliches a new understanding can be reached of the secret to wealth and success.
* Here it goes. Knowledge is Power
* Time is Money and as every engineer knows,
* Power is Work over Time.
* So, substituting algebraic equations for these time worn bits of wisdom, we get: K = P (1)
* T = M (2)
* P = W/T (3)
* Now, do a few simple substitutions: Put W/T in for P in equation (1), which yields:
* K = W/T (4)
* Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields: K = W/M (5).
* Now we’ve got something. Expanding back into English, we get: Knowledge equals Work over Money.
* What this MEANS is that: 1. The More You Know, the More Work You Do, and
* 2. The More You Know, the Less Money You Make.
* Solving for Money, we get: M = W/K (6)
* Money equals Work Over Knowledge.
From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as Knowledge approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.
* What THIS MEANS is: The More you Make, the Less you Know.
* Solving for Work, we get W = M K (7)
* Work equals Money times Knowledge
From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge approaches 0.
* What THIS MEANS is: The stupid rich do little or no work.